Want to write for the Viking Abroad?
Do you have great content you want to share with the world and drive traffic to your own blog? You might get accepted to write for The Viking Abroad.
- Needs to be unique content, not published anywhere else, the post will be checked for plagiarising and not considered if the text is found somewhere else.
- Content needs to be useful and engaging and answer what readers can learn by reading your post.
- Include title, introduction, subheadings, conclusion, and an author bio with links to your website. Author bio needs to be included in the text. Not separately in the email.
- Word count between 300-2000 words.
- Must be travel related and not a promotion of products and sales, no ads or affiliate links.
- I do no longer accept posts about car-travelling, Family-travelling or regular lifestyle-articles that are not about travelling.
- If you want to promote ads and affiliate links, the post will be a sponsored post and will have a charge.
- To write a guest post you will have to get a username and a password from me where you can edit the text on WordPress. I do no longer accept Word documents or Google documents.
- Mark the email as “Guest post”. If it is not marked as that, I might ignore it as I get a lot of spam and unserious emails.
- You need to ensure that your post does not violate any copyright laws.
- Provide pictures for every 350 words, 700 px on the longest side must be less than 1MB. The pictures must be in jpg.
- Put in a featured image in the post. Preferably your custom made a Pinterest pin or at least a vertical image.
- Use your own photos or legal stock photos.
- If possible, provide a vertical Pinterest pin with the title of the blog post sized: 735px x 1102px. Can be done easily on canva.com. It is not a must, but it gives a lot more traffic.
- Feel free to share the blog post on social media.
- You should come back and answer comments on the blog post.
- The post will be published on a Monday or Tuesday at 8 am (GMT+1) Be aware that other people can be in line before your post, so please be patient and do not send me multiple emails, please wait up to a week. I get a lot of emails and I travel so I can’t always answer on the same day.
- Examples of Pinterest pins: Click here…
Examples of guest posts who got accepted:
Interested? Send a pitch and include what you want to write about to email@example.com with Guest Post as the subject.
If your post does not follow the guidelines as written above and is not including everything, you may not receive a response back, even after you sent the blog post. It is no point to send another email if I didn’t respond to the first one. Just follow the guidelines and I will respond.
Feel free to ask questions.